04.06 - 08.06.2018 | Brussels
EU Sustainable Energy Week
Lead the clean energy transition
The EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is an annual highlight featuring a diverse programme of sessions and side-events aimed at discussing and shaping Europe’s energy future. Sessions organised by the European Commission and energy stakeholders encourage debate on new policy developments, best practices and sustainable energy ideas, while networking events forge alliances. The EUSEW Sustainable Energy Awards additionally recognise outstanding innovation. This year's EUSEW operates under the tagline "leading the clean energy transition". Public authorities, energy agencies, industry associations, businesses, civil society organisations and the media are all invited to take part in the conference.
Climate Alliance is again involved in 2018 in a number of ways:
- 5 JUNE: Peace_Alps, an initiative through which Climate Alliance working with partners to help pools local energy and climate efforts in the Alpine region, is among the finalists for the 2018 EU Sustainable Energy Awards awards
- 6 JUNE: Climate Alliance's Climate Active Neighbourhoods project on neighbourhood-based approaches to energy retrofits in disadvantaged areas will be presented in a session on energy poverty
- 6 JUNE: Climate Alliance project partners in the POWER initative on water challenges will be present with a stand in EUSEW's Networking Village
- 7 JUNE: An energy talk will focus on a new Climate Alliance project by the name of SCORE, helping residents take charge of renewable energies and encouraging prosumerism.
- 7 JUNE: An energy data training session will take place in Nuremburg as an EUSEW Energy Day