Climate Alliance event | 08.07.2021 | Online
Building event series: Prefabrication, deep retrofits and the municipal perspective
This event was part of Climate Alliance's summer 2021 building event series
Time: 10:00 – 11:30
Our building stock is generally inefficient. The energy that our buildings waste results in up to 40% of Europe‘s greenhouse gas emissions, making them both key contributors to climate change and amplifiers of energy poverty. By retrofitting their aging building stock, municipalities are in a position not only to make a real dent in their own emissions, but also to set a good example while transforming their buildings into more pleasant spaces to live, work and learn.
In this workshop, participants have learned why the Passive House and EnerPHit Standards form an ideal basis for such renovation initiatives and gained insight into the experiences of the District of Darmstadt-Dieburg (Germany) in retrofitting its school buildings in line with these standards. We then delved into the myriad benefits of using prefabricated timber elements, which have the potential to greatly decrease the time and cost associated with retrofitting.
The event was made possible via Climate Alliance's outPHit project, which aims to make deep retrofits faster, cheaper and more reliable. It was being organised in partnerhsip with the Passive House Institute as part of Climate Alliance's building event series this summer.
- Event recording (YouTube)
- Presentation "Passive House: an ideal basis for energy efficient construction", Berthold Kaufmann, Passive House Institute (pdf)
- Presentation "Serial renovation", Stefan Oehler, ecoworks (pdf)
- Presentation "Prefabrication, deep retrofits and the municipal perspective", Oliver Ottinger, District of Darmstadt, Germany (pdf)
- Presentation "outPHit - deep retrofits made faster, cheaper and more reliable", Jan Steiger, Passive House Institute (pdf)
- Survey for the launch of the Working Group on Buildings – participate now!
- The outPHit project
- Climate Alliance projects on buildings
Other events in the series
- Event series on buildings: Energy storage solutions, 23 June 2021
- Event series on buildings: Mobilising home-owners for deep renovations, 13 July 2021