The future is now!
The future is now!
For the 10th edition of the Climate Star, Climate Alliance set its sights on local success stories from across Europe demonstrating real solutions. How can we leave our children and grandchildren a world worth living in? How do we move from talk to action? How do we make our cities and towns more resilient? How do we secure a liveable future? The Climate Star winners have shown how climate action is being put into practice locally and regionally – whether it's with a focus on citizen participation, renewable energy, sustainable mobility, adaptation to the climate crisis or promoting climate justice.
The winners of the 10th edition of the Climate Star competition were honoured on 27 April 2023 at a gala in Grafenegg Castle in Lower Austria. The competition and award ceremony were organised jointly by Climate Alliance Lower Austria and Climate Alliance Europe with the support of the Province of Lower Austria.
Category 1: Up to 10,000 inhabitants
- Bruck an der Leitha, Austria: Largest agri-photovoltaic plant in the country
- Langau, Austria: Modern infrastructure thanks to citizen participation
- Pápateszér, Hungary: Tradition meets sustainability
Category 2: 10,000 to 100,000 inhabitants
- Krems an der Donau, Austria: Assessing climate impact of local projects
- Korschenbroich, Germany: Child reporters investigate local climate action
- Monheim am Rhein, Germany: Free public transport with the Monheim Pass
- Sanem, Luxembourg: A centre for circular economy
- Schaffhausen, Switzerland: City buses go electric
- Weiz & St. Ruprecht an der Raab, Austria: A holistic energy concept
Category 3: Over 100,000 inhabitants
- Nadace Partnerství in the city of Brno, Czech Republic: A green urban oasis
- Braunschweig, Germany: An energy cooperative for the energy transition
Category 4: Municipal networks
- Rems-Murr-Kreis, Germany: Bicycle-friendly companies
- Kompetenznetz KlimaMobil, Germany: Climate-friendly parking management
- Umbrella organisation for nature and environmental protection South Tyrol, Italy: Tap water for all
- KLAR! Region Südliches Weinviertel, Austria: Modern green space management
- KEM Stubaital, Austria: Becoming a climate frontrunner region