26.10 - 28.10.2021 | Online
How Energy System Modelling can ease the path to Climate Neutrality
Several skills workshops on energy system technologies and collaborative modelling will point out how energy system modelling can support the European Green Deal during the 2021 EMP-E conference. The workshops are being organised by the WHY project that Climate Alliance is supporting as member of the consortium. The project is aiming at understanding and projecting the energy demand of the residential sector. WHY is organising the following workshops:
26 October, 16:00 – 17:30
- Skills Workshop 1: Energy System Models: Basic principles and concepts
- Skills Workshop 2: High resolution time series processing
27 October, 9:30 – 10:30
- Skills Workshop 4: How to set up a scenario for energy system modelling?
- Skills Workshop 5: Technical possibilities vs. Economic Feasibility: The issue of viable business models for innovative technologies – a modellers approach
- Skills Workshop 6: Communicate and inspire: How to convince with a pitch
28 October, 9:00 – 10:30
- Skills Workshop 8:How to model citizens‘ behaviour
The EMP-E 2021 will feature a balanced mix of high-level panel discussions on how modelling can support reaching climate neutrality and interactive workshop sessions to enable a peer-reviewed digest of models and policy insights for the transformation of the European energy system.
Photo: Matthew Henry via Unsplash